Am I able to present at the Data Science Festival?
The Data Science Festival is made possible by people who give up their time to share their knowledge. If you’ve been working on an exciting data science project that you think would benefit the community, then get in touch! Have your own moment at #DataScienceFest. Please mention in your application what location you wish to speak at. London, Dublin or Manchester for Meetups or just London for the April 2020 festival.
Do you have a great idea to share?
Are you pushing the boundaries of data science, recently completed a successful project, learned something the hard way, defined best practices, or innovating for the future? Can you tell it in a practical, no-nonsense, sales-free way? We’d love to hear it.
In particular we’re looking for proposals covering the below topics, but in all honesty, if it’s interesting and relevant to the community, it’s in!
• Data Science & advanced analytics
• Data engineering and architecture
• Data-driven business management
• Business case studies
• Real-time applications
• Sensors, IoT & the Industrial Internet
• Emerging technologies
• Big data platforms and applications
• Big data and the cloud
• Law, ethics, governance
• Platform Security and Cybersecurity
• Visualization & user experience
You’ll be asked to include the following information for your proposal:
• Proposed title
• Description of the presentation
• Suggested main topic
• Audience information: who the presentation is for
• Prerequisite knowledge needed by attendees
• Speaker(s): biography and hi-res headshot (minimum 1400 pixels wide; required)
• For tutorial proposals: hardware installation, materials, and/or downloads attendees will need in advance
Proposals will be considered for the following types of presentations:
• 10-minute flash talk
• 45-minute session
• 90-minute session
Tips for submitting a successful proposal
Help us understand why your presentation is the right one for Data Science Festival. Please keep in mind that this event is by and for professionals. Please mention what location you would like to speak at. London, Dublin or Manchester for Meetups or just London for the April 2020 festival.
• Be authentic. Your peers need original ideas in real-world scenarios, relevant examples, and knowledge transfer. Not something they could learn from a book.
• Give your proposal a simple and straightforward title.
• Include as much detail about the presentation as possible.
• If you are proposing a panel, tell us who else would be on it.
• Keep proposals free of marketing and sales.
• Keep the audience in mind: they’re experienced, and already knowledgable.
• Limit the scope: be realistic about the material you can cover in the time allowed.
• Explain why people will want to attend and what they’ll take away from it
• Call for speakers, sponsors and volunteers for DSF London 2020 are open now!
• All speakers for DSF London will be notified by March 2020
• Ticket Registration for DSF London is currently open!